Do you want to import your contacts into Mailchimp? It's a great way to keep all of your contacts in one place, and it's easy to do! In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of importing your contacts into Mailchimp. We will also show you how to export your contacts from Mailchimp so that you can use them on other platforms. Let's get started.
Why Import Your Contacts Into Mailchimp?
There are a number of good reasons to import your contacts into Mailchimp. Here are just a few:
To reach a wider audience: With Mailchimp, you can send your messages to a larger group of people with just a few clicks. This is helpful if you're trying to reach out to new potential customers or grow your list of subscribers.
To save time: Mailchimp's automation features can save you a lot of time when it comes to keeping in touch with your contacts. For example, you can set up automated welcome emails or birthday messages. This way, you can focus on other aspects of running your business without having to worry about manually sending out messages to your contacts.
To segment your contacts: Segmenting your contacts allows you to send more targeted and relevant messages. This is because you can segment contacts based on their interests, location, or other factors. As a result, your contacts are more likely to engage with the messages they receive from you.
To keep track of your contacts: With Mailchimp, you can easily keep track of your contacts' information in one central place. This is helpful for follow-ups or future marketing campaigns. Additionally, it allows you to quickly reference any contact's information if you need to get in touch with them.
To improve deliverability: By importing your contacts into Mailchimp, you can improve the deliverability of your messages. This is because Mailchimp uses its own DNS servers which are known for being reliable. Additionally, importing your contacts also helps to reduce the chances of getting marked as spam by ISPs (Internet Service Providers).
How To Import Contacts Into Mailchimp
Are you looking to import contacts into Mailchimp? Here are the steps you'll need to follow:
1. Log in to your Mailchimp account and go to the Lists page.
2. Click the down arrow next to the list you want to work with, then choose Import contacts from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Choose from files, then click Continue.
4. Click Upload contacts, then browse your computer for the file you want to upload. Files must be in .csv format in order to be imported correctly.
5. Once your file is uploaded, click Continue.
6. Map the columns in your file to the corresponding fields in Mailchimp, then click Continue.
7. Select which contacts you want to import, then click Import contacts.
8. That's it! Your contacts will now be imported into Mailchimp.
What Happens After You Import Your Contacts
When you import contacts into Mailchimp, we'll match the imported contacts to any existing contacts in your audience. If a matching contact is found, we'll update the existing contact with the information from your import file. If we can't find a matching contact, we'll create a new contact.
Once your contacts are imported, you can segment them, add them to automation, and more. Plus, our reporting tools track things like opens, clicks, and unsubscribes, so you can see how your contacts interact with your campaigns. All of this data gets stored in your audience, so you can reference it later.
How To Export Your Contacts From Mailchimp
If you're planning on switching email marketing platforms, or if you just need to back up your contacts, you can export them from Mailchimp. Exporting contacts allows you to download a .csv file with all of your contacts' information, which can then be imported into another platform.
1. Log in to your Mailchimp account and go to the Lists page.
2. Hover over the list that you want to export and click Actions.
3. Select Export List from the dropdown menu.
4. In the Export Type section, select All contacts or Segment contacts by tag. If you segment contacts by tag, select the tags you want to include in the export.
5. In the Export format section, select CSV for Excel, Outlook, or other spreadsheet programs or XLSX for Excel 2010 or newer.
6. Click Begin Export. A pop-up window will appear asking where you want to save the file. Choose a location and click Save.
7. The file will begin exporting and a link will appear allowing you to download it when it's finished. Depending on the number of contacts in your list, this may take a few minutes.
8. Once the file has been downloaded, you can then import it into another platform following their instructions.
Tips For Importing And Exporting Contacts
Mailchimp is a popular email marketing platform, but it can be tricky to import contacts into the system. Here are seven tips to make the process go smoothly:
Start by exporting your contacts from your current system as a CSV file. This will ensure that all the data is in a compatible format.
Make sure that the CSV file includes columns for all the relevant information, such as name, email address, and physical address.
When you import the file into Mailchimp, map the columns to the corresponding fields in the system. This will ensure that all the data is imported correctly.
If you have any duplicate contacts in your file, be sure to delete them before importing them into Mailchimp. Duplicate contacts can cause problems with your campaign delivery and report.
Once your contacts are imported into Mailchimp, take a moment to review the data and ensure that everything looks correct. This is your last chance to make any changes before your contacts are added to your account.
Once you're satisfied with your contact list, you can start creating campaigns and sending emails.
And finally, don't forget to periodically export your contacts from Mailchimp as a CSV file. This will ensure that you have a backup of your data in case anything happens to your account.
Following these tips will help you successfully import and export contacts into Mailchimp!
Whether you're switching email marketing platforms or simply need to back up your contacts, importing and exporting contacts in Mailchimp can be a bit tricky. But with these tricks, you'll be able to easily import and export your contacts in no time. So why not give it a try today?